Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Are ALL Kids' TV Programs Gay?!


As you know, there's enough gay allegory and queer artistic sensibility in the two High School Musical movies to keep me blogging for my entire life and to keep tweens outraged into the next century. So I really have no need to purposely seek out other kids' programming to bait more faux controversy. But when something like the Nickelodeon sitcom, Drake & Josh, just falls into my lap, how can I possibly shut up about it?

As you also know, because of my Drake Bell obsession I've been catching up with the TV show that solidified his star status among the teen and tween set. Because I've been watching episodes of Drake & Josh out of order, I just finished the pilot episode tonight, which first aired in 2004 and which is quite hilarious. But my jaw dropped when I realized that gay metaphors, obvious and otherwise, lurked around every freaking corner of this thing! WTF?!
Read more »

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar