Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Summer Snow : Models Own Snowflakes Polish and a new challenge



I could not get my hands on Lush and Luxe by China Glaze, it's still on my wish list though this polish is basically the same thing ... a flakie. I stumbled on this polish by chance in Boots, usually I look at certain sections in my local store but, as fate would have it I decided to venture further out and fell into Snowflakes. My heart leapt. The pearly silver foil with green, gold and blue hints looked magical. It was a no brainier, since I couldn't have Lush and Luxe I would have my Snowflakes. Note: I bought it last year - I've been really good with the Shop My Stash challenge when concerning nail polish ... no new nail polish for me :) ... :(

So much promise. So much hope. Did it live up to my expectations?

Yes and No. Well the first thing which burst my bubble was the sparseness of the foil in relation to the clear polish. When I first applied it, there were hardly any foils on my nails which left me disappointed however, the more I have used it, the more the clear polish has gone down, allowing me to get more flakies in return (yippee). 



Overall its a nice top coat to funkify any manicure which is what I wanted. I especially like applying Snowflakes over dark polishes, it really brings out the varying colours in the flakies and makes dark nail polishes look less serious and more fun. Hey, it makes any nail polish look funkier and its perfect to apply over any bad nail paint problems like cracking, bubbling, smudges or lack of opacity aka streaky polish. 

L-R (Far Left) Models Own Nail Polish Bottle, (Middle Picture) Models Own Snowflakes applied over clear base coat, (far Right) Models Own Snowflakes applied over Barry M Navy 262 Nail Paint 
Manicure = Nutra Nail Base Coat, Ciate Nail Colour in Dangerous Affair 013 and on top Models Own Snowflakes flakie in right hand picture.L-R (L) You can see my messy application on my index finger and the smudge on my middle nail (R) You can no longer see the smudge on my middle nail but you can still see the messy application on my index finger :( ... This side by side comparison is to show how the polish can change the look of a manicure. I think Snowflakes makes the manicure more arty and removes the need for the manicure to be absolutely perfect.

... more snaps ...
Recent snaps of my hands and manicure. My manicure included Nutra Nail Base Coat, Nail Inc Fashion Fawn Nail Colour, Seche Vite Top Coat and Models Own Snowflake polish as a overlay in 3 photos.
Models Own Nail Polish in Snowflakes retails for £5.00. You can find Models Own Range at boots or on Models Own website.
Expiration date: 12 months. 
Model Own Nail Polish Ingredients can be found here for specific polishes and collections. Apparently Snowflakes is suitable for vegans :)

Nail Care Update: Lately, I've been trying to pamper my nails and grow them out which is a partially new thing for me. You see for most of my life I have tried to obtain very short nails it was - slash - it is a preference of mine when my nails are unpolished (preference being short not very short any more). However, I love the look of relatively long nails with polish on my hands. I guess its because I can see more polish and I feel my fingers look less stubby and dare I say it, a bit more elegant with a bit of tip. However, I don't know if its just me but long nails make me feel weird maybe its because I'm  not used having longer nails and for a long time I've associated them with uncleanliness (just being honest). Yet, despite my feelings I've again decided to add to my challenge list and grow my nails out for probably the first time in my existence on the planet called earth (I thought I'd state my place of residence just in case you were unaware of my location). 

Its going to be hard because whenever I gain some length the clippers usually come out and some nails have been cut back farther than other, so uneven growth makes it more appealing to cut all length. Yet, I'm resisting. So there it is a mini update ... I have so much more to say but I'll leave it to nail talk today and bore you later with the other stuff I have on the back burner. 

I hope all is well :O)!
What are your thoughts about flakie nail polishes? 
Do you like them or loathe them?
Does it change the polish in a better way or a worse one?
Do you have a favourite, which one? Any recommendations? 
Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar