Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Beautiful Beginnings: Make Up Store Retractable Blush Brush

Time to withdraw from the Bangkok holiday for a bit.

Today, I will feature one brush that has been with me for the longest time, and which I really like for very practical reasons.

Make Up Store Retractable Blush Brush


Available: Make Up Store.

Volume: 1 brush.

Star Properties: Ultra compact, retractable with cap.

Packaging
I love it! As with all Make Up Store products, the packaging is excellent with nothing I can pick on. I love the way the Make Up Store words are printed all around, I love the way the bullet feels in my hand, I love the way it opens up smoothly, and closes properly without damaging the brush (unlike some other brands).

Brush Shape
The shape of this brush is uniquely rounded, and I like it this way because I feel like blush looks nicer on my face when it is placed in two cute circles.

I just find it harder to work with blush brushes that are paddle shaped, like the EcoTools one.


Bristles
However, the bristles on this brush are rather scratchy, and it pales in comparison to all my newer blush brushes.

For some reason, I managed to live with this for 2-3 years before I bought my second blush brush by EcoTools, and my third by Sonia Kashuk, and my fourth by Essence, haha, then the list just goes on.

So yes, I loved it, and I never have problems using it.

This does not perform too well in the blending department, but I get over it by simply using a face powder brush to blend out the edges.

I guess, one may say that the difference in quality comes about because this Make Up Store brush was bought way back in 2007, while my never brushes are bought in 2012, so of course, 5 years makes a lot of difference to quality development.

Then again, I have not checked out Make Up Store for ages, so I am not sure if their blush brushes have improved.

Application
This brush has no problem picking up colour and depositing precisely. And as mentioned, the blush will look rounded towards the nose.


So this is what the blush looks like on the whole face.


I love this brush, 4/5.
This brush performs well in all departments, from aesthetics, to functionality, to application, and how long-lasting it is. However, the bristles are much more scratchy than modern day brushes, so I don't think you will like it if you're already in love with say Real Techniques, or Sigma.

I own Real Techniques, Sigma, M.A.C, Lunasol, etc, but I still use this brush (alternately with Shu Uemura) for travel, because it is unique, and the only properly capped retractable brush that I can find.

I have searched high and low for a like-for-like replacement, but to no avail. Strangely, not even M.A.C has it. The nearest is Shu Uemura's retractable brush, which is supreme in feel, but doesn't have a cap.

So if you're looking for a good retractable blush brush, do check out both Shu Uemura and Make Up Store.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar