Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Shiseido Ibuki Multi Solution Gel: Secret to Bouncy Skin?


When I think of Shiseido skincare, I usually think of anti-aging or brightening products but one of the brand's newest arrivals is meant to combat acne and other skin troubles. The Shiseido Ibuki Multi Solution Gel* is meant to soothe roughness, heal acne and diminish the look of pores. I'm very acne-prone so I was interested to see if this gel would be strong enough to tackle some of my tough spots. 

The gel is housed in a tiny capsule jar and costs $38 for one ounce of product. The jar is admittedly adorable but not the most efficient way of handling an acne treatment due to the possibility of contamination. I think this gel would have been better packaged in a squeeze tube. Shiseido claims this gel will help your skin "bounce back" and the jar packaging does show the interesting consistency of the product which is why I think they chose it over a more efficient tube. 


It's hard to describe the bouncy texture of the gel but essentially, when you dip your finger in or cause an aberration in the pot, within seconds, the gel will "heal" and return to its smooth state. It's quite fun to look at. The gel is lightweight and does not feel greasy or very much like silicone (although dimethicone is one of the ingredients). The gel smoothes onto the skin easily and is meant to be used as the last step of your skincare routine. You can also use it over makeup in case you feel a breakout about to make an appearance. I personally have not used this over makeup but can imagine it being light enough to not disturb foundation or powder if you use a small amount of gel. I find that this gel dries down quite slowly and remains wet for a minute after application. Thus, I don't tend to use it under makeup and use this only at night or on no-makeup days. This leaves no visible trace on the skin so it's perfect for those who want to reapply throughout the day. The formula feels very gentle to my skin and doesn't bring about any tingling or burning sensations that some acne treatments cause. 

This gel is handy for minor clogged pores and very small acne situations but not something suitable for pimples or larger problems. The main active ingredient is .5% salicylic acid so this is a good option for those who cannot tolerate higher doses. While I don't think this is a holy grail acne treatment for me and it doesn't work quickly enough to help my skin bounce back from emergencies, it's something worthwhile for more sensitive skinned people to take a look at.

*I was provided this product for free by PR and was not obligated to review it. All thoughts are my own and 100% honest.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar