Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Shut Up Crime! - 'Super'

Well hello my lovelies, long time no post I know but there's lots coming. However, today's post is quite short and sweet.

First things first (I'm a realist! See what I did there?), if you like Kick Ass then you will love Super, its so similar but in a more adult way. Starring Kevin Bacon, Ellen Page, Liv Tyler & Rainn Wilson, Superis an American super hero, dark comedy, drama film which even from the very beginning is very funny. The animated intro at the start is really cool and very well done, great way to start the film.

So the plot of the film is that Frank (Rainn Wilson) tries to get his wife Sarah (Liv Tyler) back after she leaves him for her drug dealing ex Jacques (Kevin Bacon), who has her hooked on drugs again after she had worked so hard to stay off them. When he tries to be civil about it things don't go his way and he just gets laughed at like a loser. Frank takes things up a notch when he turns himself into the Crimson Bolt and in doing so meets Libby (Ellen Page), who later becomes his superhero sidekick Boltie. The Crimson Bolt is crazy, and Boltie is just as bad if not worse! He uses a pipe wrench as a weapon and beats people nearly to death with it, since when was that sane! Its so brutal! Although turning yourself into a superhero isn't exactly sane either.



Although its a funny film it is also quite strange at times but it doesn't make you want to stop watching, however at times it was a bit gory and I had to look away for a moment before I could carry on watching the film. I did enjoy the film and the casting was great, the each played their characters so brilliantly and suited each of them perfectly. Surprisingly that might even be the first film I've ever seen starring Kevin Bacon and I think my favourite line of the film has to be from his character Jacques 'you have an egg cooking gift'!.

I think I would recommend this film to others but obviously not to a young audience as it is most definitely not appropriate for younger ages. If you haven't seen it then go give it a watch, there will at least be one thing about it that you like.


That's all for now folks, until next time, thanks for reading :) x 



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar