Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Blogmas: Christmas Party Dress Inspo - Sparkle Edition

Christmas brings many extra stresses into our lives. I love Christmas but I am not immune to the strain it brings me throughout November and December. Trying to pick presents for the extended family I hardly ever see, answering the same question of  'when are you finally going to do something with your live,' from every boomer going and preparing myself for the work Christmas party.


Let's face it, we only really go to our work parties to see our management shit faced but in the process of doing this we have to complete the formalities to get to the end goal of drunk management. You have to talk to people you've never met before, pretend you love your job and the ultimate hardship, not get wasted yourself. I always fail at the last part. However before you've even made it out of the door you have to get yourself ready.

The makeup is easy once you have picked your outfit, but coming up with the outfit can be a struggle. I also enjoy the challenge of finding a party dress because I like fashion and shopping but I know it is deemed hell by basically every other person I know. This year, my work have decided not to grace us with a Christmas party. I mean its not like we work fucking hard all year but they have deemed it acceptable to not even bother with a Christmas party. Even when I worked in Retail, they managed to put on a Christmas party for us so you would think that an office job could manage it but no, the staff aren't worthy.

Even though I am missing out on my chance to get a bit glam and spend a night making a fool of myself, you probably get your Christmas party so I have devised a list of my top picks, if you are struggling to find a look. Just a warning, they all contain sparkles. I want to show you a variety of sparkly dresses at different budgets and some simple tips on styling them.

Topshop - Silver Sequin Midi Dress - £35

I have to say I found it really hard to find dresses for cheaper than £50, that I would still wear. It seems that for Christmas everyone puts up their prices because even the fast fashion brands aren't that cheap for their party dresses, especially if you want something sparkly like I do. If you are willing to wear something slightly more plain then you won't struggle to find anything. 

The cheapest dress I found which I actually quite like came from Topshop of all places. I don't normally even look at Topshop because I think it is far too expensive for fast fashion quality. However, out of desperation I actually took a look and I found one I like. 

It is a no thrills, silver midi dress that literally just drapes over your body. Instead of being a bright silver, this is more of a gunmetal sliver but I think this look is aided by the black material underneath all of the sequins. 

This is one of the few dresses that I have included that you could actually dress up a little bit. As it is silver you could have some brighter shoes or a belt to bring it in a little bit around the waist. I think this is a great option for someone who wants to keep it quite demure and subtle. 

You can also buy this in a satin emerald green which is a gorgeous alternative if you are not a big fan of sparkles.

Quiz - Sam Faiers Rose Gold and Black Sequin Playsuit -  £40

I know I've called this Christmas Party Dress Inspo but I did also want to include an option that wasn't a dress because I know not everyone likes dresses like I do. Obviously sticking with the sparkle theme, this is covered in black and rose gold sequins which help to add an element of glitz to the outfit.

It is a wrap style playsuit so it is very flattering and as it is a playsuit you don't have to worry about flashing your knickers when you end up dancing on a table. I also think it is a great option if you are a little bit more curvy. As it is a wrap style you get that definition around the waist but also you get the space to move with the shorts. This does also have vertical stripes so it will be slightly slimming, if that is something you are concerned about.

To style this, I think you would be better sticking to black accessories because you have that element of colour from the Rose Gold in the playsuit.



Pretty Little Thing - Emerald Little Mix Sequin Dress - £45

If I had been going to a Christmas party this year, this dress from Pretty Little Thing would have been my pick. From the moment I saw it in the collection, I knew I would have worn it. I did order it anyway because I think this will also make a good New Years dress instead.

I am a big fan of a bardot dress, for some reason I think it is super flattering. It makes your shoulders look slim and it shows a bit of your decolletage rather than boob which is perfect for me, because I have no boobs. A little bit of Fenty Diamond Bomb or Body Lava and you will be glistening for the gods.

Ok so I guess I should talk about the dress, other than the fact that it is bardot style, it is an emerald colour so it is a lovely jewel tone for Christmas. I am not a massive fan of colour for evening dresses because it is harder to wear but I fell in love with the colour of this dress and I think it will go well with my naturally ginger hair. I also love that this features a little bit of ruching over the bust which helps us smaller busted girls. Also for some reason this dress makes my bum look massive which is a massive bonus.

I think this dress is a great option if you are a petite lady and you don't want to go over the top. I feel like this could be styled with a plain black pair of strappy heels, a black bag and your hair up. This is an easy to wear piece, with a small bit of colour and the dress does all of the work for you.

In The Style - Stephsa, Silver Sequin Drape Front Mini Dress - £58

I wanted to include something that I wouldn't typically go for. The reason I wouldn't personally pick this dress is because I have no boobs and a dress like this is going to highlight that but if I was more confident and more booby then I would love to wear this dress. 

This is a full on glam dress for someone who doesn't mind being the centre of attention. You are essentially going to act as a disco ball in the middle of the dancefloor when you start busting a move. I love that it had long sleeves, it provides a little bit of comfort and stops you from looking like you are showing too much. 

The top half of this dress actually remains quite plain and then you have the belt around the waist which leads to draping. The draping is very complementary and will help to create shape. Once again you can style this one quite simply and I would actually recommend wearing your hair down. I just think this is a stunning dress. It is slightly more expensive than the Pretty Little Thing one but I think it does look slightly more sophisticated (minus the massive gap down the middle.) 

One thing I will say is that you can quite often get discount from In The Style which will take the price of this dress down a little bit.

Quiz - Sam Faiers Black Petite Sequin Bardot Maxi Dress - £65

As well as a playsuit, I also wanted to cover some different lengths because not everyone likes a mini dress quite like I do. I have to say it was quite a struggle to find a maxi dress that didn't cost a complete bomb and I only managed to find a petite one that I liked.

This dress also comes from the Sam Faires range from Quiz and it is a bardot dress with black sequins and a split that comes up at the middle of the dress. This also has a short under skirt and then a sort of sequin train that goes down to the floor.

I think it is the bardot neckline that gives this dress its elegance and I think a bold red lip would look incredible with this dress. It seems quite well fitted and it sort of gathers in the bust so it helps with smaller chested girls like myself.

This is a slightly more tame option for anyone who wants only a small amount of sparkle. The reason I like this one is because the sparkle is shaped and not all over the dress like some of the other ones I have featured so far.

This dress is part of the Peace & Love range from Missguided which is sort of their premium range I guess. This dress is not cheap at £120 but as it is Missguided you can quite often get discount on it. I actually saw this dress for £84 which isn't as bad.

This is essentially a black bodycon dress that has a mesh overlay which has crystals shaped in a more slinky dress shape over the top. Sounds weird and tacky but it looks much prettier than I have described it. The sleeves are mesh but they have jewelled cuffs at the end. I like that the longer sleeves give you coverage but because they are mesh, you do not look like a nun. I think the way the jewels have been constructed on the dress looks lovely and it is something a little bit different.

As this is all black you could go for something a little bit more adventurous with the styling and go for some jewel toned accessories but being the classic person I am, I would just stick to black accessories and black barely there shoes.

ASOS - Linear Beaded Mini Dress - £120

Possibly the most modest of all of the designs I have picked for this post as it has quite a high slash neckline and long sleeves but it is still a short dress. The reason this dress stood out to me was the belt. A belt can do you all sorts of favours on a dress and can give even the most waistless people some form of shape.

I also think this is a little bit different simply because it is white. At this time of year you see a lot of black, silver, gold and jewel tones but not a whole lot of white. The embellishment on this dress is slightly more tame and it is not glitzy at all. It is beaded rather than sequins which doesn't give it that OTT vibe that some of the others have which are covered in sequins.

I think this is a lovely option if you want to go for something a little bit different but don't want to over do it. With a deep red lip, a bit of a tan and classic accessories this will look amazing. I also think this is a good one if you have coloured hair. A lot of the other dresses would have clashed when I had Rose Gold hair but this would have looked great with it. 

ASOS - Scarlett Strapless All-Over Embellishment Mini Dress - £155

One colour has definitely been missing from this post and that is a bit of gold. Gold was one of the gifts the wisemen brought for Jesus so of course it deserves its place within the colour scheme of Christmas. I always love the look of gold dress but I do often find them to be a little bit too much. However, I really liked the detailing on this one I saw on ASOS.

This dress should only really be considered if you know it is something you are going to wear again because £155 for your Christmas party dress is a lot of money. As this is gold I do not know the amount of wear I would personally get out of this dress other than at a Christmas party but I just love the design of it.

I think within the extra level of shaping and detailing to the sparkles and the fringing, you can automatically tell that it is a more expensive dress, that more time has been taken with its construction.

I would definitely say that this is the most extra dress and sort of the most minimal as it has a bandeau neck line and it is quite short, there is a level of confidence required when you think about stepping out of the house in a dress like this.

Unlike all of the other dresses where I think minimal black accessories would go best, I actually think this would look best with a pair of nude shoes and lighter coloured accessories. This dress and a faux fur jacket is a look! A very expensive look but a look none the less. There is no way I could afford this dress but I thought it was worth mentioning in case you want to spend some money.


An Additional None Sparkly Option 

In The Style - Fashion Influx Burgundy Blazer Dress - £45

I am well aware that not everyone wants to go all out like I do. I love a sparkle and in my head I had decided that for this years Christmas party I was going to go for a sparkle but obviously that doesn't matter for me anymore. However, for those of your who have no interest in sparkles I thought I would mention an option that doesn't sparkles but is equally as extra.

I wanted it to be something a little bit more fashion forward. It is quite a lot though, a definite statement. Blazer dresses are really big at the moment and I think this burgundy one is slightly different from what you see most people wearing.


Even though I might be having a Christmas party this year, I still have quite a bit planned for the festive season. I am going to miss having a good opportunity to dress up though! I hope this might have given you an idea on what you could wear to your Christmas party or has at least given you some ideas on styling. 

If you do want to see from me, come back tomorrow when there will be a new blog post as part of Blogmas!

You might also like:

2018 Party Look
Skincare for Xmas Party
2018 Xmas Red Lipstick
2017 Xmas Party Look
H&M x Giambasttista Valli







Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar