Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Joy Intense Perfume by Dior

Little Ghost by Moonchild 
Joy Intense is an aptly named fragrance as it's a pretty joyful scent. It reminds me of a perfume that I smelt in a magazine that I can't remember the name of but, would love to find again. Whilst I've semi-given up on ever finding out what it was/is - I figured this would indeed be a good substitute to fill that fragrance shaped hole in this perfume lover's heart (wish list). 
Joy Intense (not to be confused with Joy - which smells different to me) smells fresh, powdery and womanly. There's something sparkling and gorgeous about it. It's not overly sexy or clinically clean, it's intense but also fleeting. Personally, the longevity of this scent is good because it lasts on clothing quite well but, on the skin (my skin), it can fade away into a smudge of its former self which can be a bit disappointing for the wearer, especially if you wear perfumes for your own enjoyment. 

Now, the scent that this reminded me of smelt like how you would imagine a high profile career women in the capital of a city would smell - rich, driven and alluring. I've tried for years to recall the advertisement but, I have yet to find it. In the meantime, when I smelt this - I once again recalled images of an alluring captivating woman but this time she was not so serious. She was playful and kind. A sporadic but disciplined burst of energy that oozed honeyed happiness. The advert for Joy By Dior reflects the vibe of this perfume nicely and I personally love the deep blue water, the carefree nature of Jennifer Lawerence swimming and lounging in a simple elegant dress, why not? However, Joy intense smells different to mere Joy but, the advert is virtually the same (small budget Dior?) with more floral imagery. If you like powdery scents with decent projection, you will love this perfume just as much as I do. 
Every day is a good day do swim in a dress and jewellery...
Fragrance Type: Oriental Floral

Top Notes: Bergamot & Neroli
Middle Notes: Rose & Jasmine
Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Sandalwood, Vanilla & Musk 

Plus, the bottle has a cool irregular pattern, a crisp magnetic cap and an attractive almost pink sapphire like juice. It's scrumptious, addictive, beautiful and everything that the word joy embodies. I can't imagine anyone detesting it, other than perhaps picky niche perfume fans who may find it not "complex" and "generic". For everyone else, this will be a pretty scent that anyone and everyone won't mind spritzing it on or snuggling up next to. 

I rarely ever invest in high-end perfumes but this one was so beautiful and special that I decided to buy a 50ml bottle. I haven't had this long and I already see it going down, and its early days but this may indeed be a re-buy and signature perfume status. I know, I just might commit! I'm still working my way through my fragrances so, it's early days for such talk yet but this scent is really joyful y'all. 


Have you tried Joy Intense by Dior?
What's your signature fragrance?


Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar