Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Crustless Quiche For Sunday Morn

I think most of you know
that I gave up
Sugar and Flour
on July 18th last year.

It has been an amazing
transformation.
I feel so much better
and my clothes fit better
and I am happier with myself
all the way around.

Of course it means
I DON'T
eat any of these anymore....
(click on image to visit this beautiful bakery)

There are things that
I do eat..that I have found ways to adapt
Did you know that
I LOVE QUICHE?

Now, I'm sure you are thinking
HOW CAN
you eat quiche if you don't eat
FLOUR....cuz we all
KNOW that
Quiche has Crust.
Right?
Wrongo-Amigo!
MY QUICHE
is made with
NO CRUST.
I forms it's
OWN CRUST
as it bakes.

You need
4 eggs
1 cup grated cheese of choice
green onion tops- cut up
Crumbled bacon
(or the lazy woman's
precooked Bacon Bits)
REAL BACON BITS
You decide how much.
I used about 2/3 of the package.
Please don't
use those stinking
imitation bacon bits..
just sayin' ~cuz my friend,
Sandy, lives on a pig farm
and her hubby likes the business..
and he thanks you
for using the real thing!

2 cups of cream
(or milk or half & half)
Mix together.
Pour into a greased pie dish.
Bake @ 400º for 15 minutes
then lower oven to 350º
and bake another 30 minutes
or until knife inserted in center
comes out clean.
Let  it set up for about 15 minutes.
Salt & Pepper to taste.
Slice and eat...
oh....baby....good!
This has kind of a custard set
to it..and it is even better
the second day.

edited at 8am to add:
This is best made using cream or
half & half.  Otherwise,
the ones made with milk get
a bit watery on the bottom
if they sit too long.
If I do make it with milk
I just absorb the water from
the bottom of the pie pan with a
paper towel when I lift
each piece out.  The quiche itself
does NOT turn watery.

What'll I think of next?
Hmmmmm..
That's what
MyHero is always wondering.
Poor guy!
Doncha feel sorry for him?

Recipe:
4 eggs
2 cups cream (milk or 1/2 & 1/2)
sliced green onions to taste
1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon
1 cup grated cheese

Grease a pie pan.
Layer in bacon, cheese, onions,
Beat 4 eggs and add milk to them.
Pour over contents in pan.
Bake at 400º for 15 mins
Lower heat and bake at 350º
for another 30-40 minutes
or until knife inserted in center
comes out clean.
Using cream it usually takes another
15 minutes or so.
Salt & pepper to taste and enjoy~

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar