Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Dessert Is Served In The Veg Plot.

I had one of my brainwaves ("oh no!") the other day.  I found a trifle in the fridge that was well passed its sell by date.  So me thinks to myself:

"Why not give the slugs and snails a slap up treat and I will catch them?"

So I took the trifle in its plastic ("what else these days?") container and plonked it down right in the middle of my slug laced Brassicas.  
Then I went back in the house for a sandwich and a brew.  I came back about ten minutes later and there to my horrow was a big brown RAT scoffing my snails and slugs trifle.  I called it names of an Anglo Saxon derivation and it fled through the sheep wire fence into the nettles and buttercups and grass growing next to the plot.

I was not an happy bunny and marched into the bungalow kitchen and read the riot act to Domino (the cat) and Fido (the terrier) about them not earning their keep.  They both walked out the door and they weren't allowed back in that day.  

Yesterday when I was working (gardening) at the big garden in town.  My wife rang me to tell me that either Domino or Fido had left me a furry present next to the garden furniture.   I think it must have been the cat because his murder technique is suffocation whilst Fido usually goes for the old: "Lets bite their heads off until their dead" method of execution. 

I got home later and sure enough there was a big brown dead rat ("You dirty rat!") lying prostrate on the gravel.  It seems quite clearly that dogs and cats understand every word we say!  

I won't be serving Dessert on the veg plot in the future.  If I want to find slugs and snails I just need to look in the compost heap, under a plank or under a paving slab, in my slug pubs or just look in my cabbage patch.  They are everywhere and you don't need to use trifle to find them or big brown Rattus Norvegicus.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar