The garden is so dry. The earth is hard to quite a depth, both water butt and pond are drying up. We are watering the vegetables but some of the shrubs and trees are suffering. The bird baths and water containers for the animals are being topped up morning and evening. The pond had to be topped up too, that's twice in the last few weeks
Although the warmer weather has made having to stay at home more bearable we do need a few days of rain. I think it may be getting cooler and damper by Wednesday, but there doesn't seem to be any significant rainfall in the forecast.
Although the warmer weather has made having to stay at home more bearable we do need a few days of rain. I think it may be getting cooler and damper by Wednesday, but there doesn't seem to be any significant rainfall in the forecast.
Around the Garden
The first Strawberry
The first few picked just as red showed and left to rippen on the kitchen windowsill, one step ahead of the squirrels who like to eat them.
The first few picked just as red showed and left to rippen on the kitchen windowsill, one step ahead of the squirrels who like to eat them.
The first blue hardy geranium
Sisyrinchium Striatum, also known as Pale yellow eyed grass or Yellow Mexican satin flower.
The first yellow rose
The Valerian or to us Welsh Weed is looking good at the moment and is attracting lots of butterflies.
Common Newt from the pond. We also found a dragonflly larvae which will, I hope, emerge one evening as a dragonfly. I hope I see it emerge like I did the last one.
Speckled Wood Butterfly
Something's supper. Sparrow Hawk or fox? There were only a few white feathers remaining which we left for the little birds to feather their nests with.
Blackbird with daisies.
Blackbird with daisies.
An evening visit from the badger
and also the fox cubs, two here but we have seen three. Mum or Dad, never both, stay further afield on guard duty.
We have wheat growing in the garden. The seeds must have been in one of the wildflower mixes we have had over the last few years. Or perhaps dropped by a bird. It's growing the other side of the garden from the bird feeders and we don't use seed mixes in those, just sunflower hearts and suet sprinkles. It is such a lovely colour and stands so straight and tall.
I'm going to have a go at 30 Days Wild this June. I may not manage everyday but I'll give it a go. Link in my sidebar-click on the fox.
I've also found out that the white flowered plant I wrote about a couple of posts ago - the one we bought at Clumber Park - is a Deutzia Magnifica. I think it will still keep the name we gave it.
I'm going to have a go at 30 Days Wild this June. I may not manage everyday but I'll give it a go. Link in my sidebar-click on the fox.
I've also found out that the white flowered plant I wrote about a couple of posts ago - the one we bought at Clumber Park - is a Deutzia Magnifica. I think it will still keep the name we gave it.

0 Yorumlar