Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Swallow tailed Kites and Soft shelled Turtles

Florida is turning into a jungle with all the rain we’ve had but it sure makes everything lush and beautiful!

IMG_6738

My sweet cousin Cindy and I went to Sholom Park one day while she was here. (don’t we all have ‘camera envy’ when we see hers!)

cindyRIMG_6532

And then another day I went back to walk in an area where I usually see the Swallow tailed Kites.

swallowtailIMG_6728

One of the workers caught up with me on his ATV and asked what I had seen.

swallowtailkiteIMG_6726

He said there were 4 Kites nesting in the trees nearby. I sure would love to see baby Kites, wouldn’t you?

s2IMG_6729

It was funny that when Cindy and I were there we saw hundreds of tadpoles but when I went back a couple of days later, they were all gone.

tadpolesIMG_6517

Food for someone, I’m sure.

koiIMG_6542

In this photo you can see the Koi deep in the water, turtles coming to the surface and tiny fish swimming about. Of course there are lots of birds that stop by to eat at the pond too.

We saw something VERY unusual too!

softshellturtleIMG_6537

TWO Soft Shelled Turtles! (here’s one close up)

When I took this pic, the reflection gave it an eerie look!

softshellRIMG_6545

Spooky!

What have you seen this week? How much rain have you had?

I’m joining Saturday’s critters HERE

and I’d Rather B Birdin’.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar