It is still quite warm here and feels nothing like fall. We have been in the upper 80's and low 90's all week. At least the humidity was a bit lower, so it didn't feel quite as bad. Mornings are quite pleasant. Still NO rain! This has been the driest September for our state in about 56 years. That may change tonight, according to the weatherman. We sure need some.
Projections are that it may be a bit more 'normal' for the first part of the week - and then going back into the 80's and staying that way to start October.
Kind of makes me wonder what the winter will be like. I have heard all kinds of mixed forecasts - we will wait and see!
My week:
- I have been going through more things and adding to the donation boxes and even trashing a few things. I have rearranged some more things. Slowly going through stuff.
- Cleaning out a couple more drawers
- Got a container of Mex. chicken out of freezer to thaw for meals
- Canned 14 pints of salsa - mainly for gifts at Christmas. I have more than enough from the past couple years for me. I like making new for the gift baskets.
- Cut my hair
- I used the scalding canning water on the fence row for weed killer
- Using rain barrels to water plants
- I ran out one day to run a few errands. I first went to a yearly yard sale that raises funds for the kids of an area school. The sale goes for 4 days and is always huge. All I found was a super heavy hooded sweatshirt for bumming around in this winter. The quality is fantastic. I bet it originally cost a good $40 and I paid $1!!!
- I then stopped in Kroger, although I was just looking. Hoping to find some bell peppers to freeze (mine are in between stages). 4/$5 was the going price - and that is too much for my taste. I looked at the .99 bin and Woop-Woop I found some. 2/.99 and bigger than the regular priced ones. I got 6 peppers for less than $3. Those and milk is all I bought.
That is a pint jar for reference on size! They are lovely peppers - and got chopped for the freezer.
- Ran into the Dollar Tree to look around. I did get 2 Bible themed color books for my gr.gr. nephew for Christmas. I making him an art box of assorted items for Christmas. He is 5.
- Cooking from home, laundry in cold, line dried, making my drinks, using what I have in new ways - just all the normal things
- Picking what produce I can - still getting some
- I found a leak under the bathroom sink. I have a container collecting for now - but my neighbor is going to come and fix it for me this week.
- Trying to get many of my extra pantry supplies from basement sorted and moved upstairs as much as possible. (that is a job)
Meals this past week:
Tomato and lettuce sandwiches
3 breaded chicken tenders and fresh veggies
Mexican chicken (from freezer) over rice
Enchilada's (made with extra Mex. chicken/rice)
Chef salad
Crunchy tacos
Tuna salad sandwich and sliced tomatoes
So as you can see, it has been a quiet week just hanging out at the house for the most part. The day I went out to run errands I spoke to humans for the first time in 4 days! I talk to my kitties non stop!! I have just been trying to do lots of odds and ends around here. Glen was not much for change at all - and I am at a point that I NEED some changes to help me move forward. I call it therapy. Change is tough.
How was your week? I know some of you are still getting tons of produce and that is just wonderful. You will have happy bellies this winter. What have you been doing to stay frugal?
I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead. May the Lord be with you and yours and keep you in His loving embrace. Health and happiness to all.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
0 Yorumlar