




I am doing another post today but one of a non book nature. Readers of my blog may be aware that I help out with two orphanages in Sri Lanka. One is close to Colombo but the other one is quite a distance away in the North West in an area called Mannar. The area was very badly affected by the war and even after coming close to 2 years progress in development is extremely slow. Demining is going on apace and this
has helped tremendously because nothing can be done until this is over. Life for many
children will not be the same - ever. There are thousands orphaned, many thousands who have lost one parent or a sibling and trauma untreated as led to many mental health issues.
Whilst I am in Melbourne my husband over a long holiday weekend visited the orphanage with stuff for the children as well as the nuns who run the place. I help with material support from friends of mine and co ordinate supplies as best as we can.
Just a small post on what I do apart from the reading!!
0 Yorumlar