Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Resurrection of the Potting Shed



Just before Hurricane Harvey, David and I rushed to get everything 
around the house as secure as possible.  Our little garden shed, tucked 
behind our garage in a private little enclave, became the catch-all 
for everything related to the yard.  

Despite the eight straight hours of category 4 hurricane winds, this
little shed was safe and sound.  It wasn't even missing a shingle from
it's roof.  I love this little shed even more now.  It's a tough little haven.

I have spent quite a bit of time fussing around the patio and the 
veranda, and this little shed was being ignored.  I spent yesterday
and this morning beginning the clean up around it and giving it 
the tender loving care it deserves.  




I raked and cleaned little beds.  I replanted a sad rose bush.  I put down
new mulch.  



I put some herbs in pots and added some flowers for color too.




It's a start.  I am trying to keep this spot functional as well as pretty.  I am careful to
work one area at a time so that I don't give up in frustration.  The next thing I need to
do is get rid of the poison ivy that has decided to grow up the fence that separates this
area from the rest of the yard.  I went on YouTube and learned the best way to do
this without exposing myself to any of the dreaded oil that causes the rash.
I keep telling myself ~ I am brave.  I can do this!  Wish me luck.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar